Thursday, April 9, 2015

Music Monday

Track Review
Track~ Boomerang
Artist~ The Summer Set
Album~ Legendary

This song was a fortunate discovery for me. I was trying on clothes at Plato's Closet when this song came on. I liked it so much that I dug a pen out of my purse and scrawled the lyrics on my arm so I could look it up when I got home!! I know, I'm crazy. 
This song most definitely goes in the pop category. I usually don't go for songs that are so pop-ish, but since the lead singer is male and not Britney Spears it's not unbearable at all. Boomerang is basically a summer song about summer love by The Summer Set. See what I did there?? And while most songs about summer love are about flings and end with that, this love seems to have begun before summer or is definitely not just a fling.  This guy is head over heels for this girl, comparing their love to that of the greats: Jay-Z and BeyoncĂ©, James Dean and Audrey Hepburn, love that has lasted. Also, it's a really catchy song;) Everytime I hear it, it makes me want to jump up and dance around like a crazy person. I think that everyone should have a song that makes them feel like that, so with that I make my recommendation: Boomerang by The Summer Set. I promise you, it's worth a listen. 

Until next time,
Callan

No comments:

Post a Comment