Monday, January 12, 2015

Music Monday

So I think I'm finally done with computer problems. *CHEERS*


Track Review
Track~ Thinking Out Loud
Artist~ Ed Sheeran
Album~ x

This is probably one of the most beautiful and touching song I've ever heard. Ed Sheeran is a lyrical genius as it is, but he has truly outdone himself with this track. If you've heard any of his songs before, you know that he has a folksy quality to his music, working mainly with acoustic guitars and raw, powerful, vocals. However, he strays a little from his usual sound to serenade us with an electric guitar. This song is built around the guitar, with the drum kit and bass joining in the second verse and the keyboard coming in on the chorus.
But these elements are just the compliment to his simple, but beautiful lyrics. This song is about loving one person for all of time, which is a refreshing turn from all of the hit songs about sex, drugs, and alcohol. In the second verse, Ed tells his "darling" that he "will be loving [her] til [they're] 70" and how he falls in love with her "every single day". In the third verse he says:
"When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades
And the crowds don't remember my name
When my hands don't play the strings the same way
I know you will still love me the same".

Is that not the most beautiful sentiment put into words?? I truly cannot sing the praises of this song enough. I can only tell you to listen for yourself.... and then listen again and again and again. If you can't tell, this is my current favorite song. I have a feeling that it will be on my Favorites playlist for a long time.

Much love,
Callan

No comments:

Post a Comment