Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pilgrim's Progress || What Even, Weather??

Note: This was supposed to self-post yesterday, but it decided not to, I guess.....
 
Happy First Day of Spring!! Apparently winter was putting up a last-ditch effort last night, because it was cold and rainy and just gross overall. I'm just ready to retire the sweaters and pantyhose(especially the pantyhose!!). Alas, last night was not the night for such celebration and festivities....

What happened last night, you ask?? Well the whole fam went to see Charlotte Christian Theatre's production of Pilgrim's Progress.  It was AH-mazing!!! It was technically called Pilgrim I think.....
Anyway, it was a musical and it was a modernized adaption of the classic story, which was pretty awesome. I think that if you're going to update a classic such as Pilgrim's Progress it would have to be pretty great. This musical exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds. There was laughter, there were tears, there was anticipation, there was Irish dancing, for crying out loud!! And the score evoked such strong emotions that I didn't expect at all. Overall, it was an amazing musical that I'll never forget.
 
Anyway, I thought I'd share my outfit from last night, so hopefully you like outfit posts. Otherwise.... I don't really know. Also, I apologize for the blurry quality. It was getting dark and we were in a rush because we were running late, as usual. 
  
Top- Goodwill
Blazer- Goodwill
Skirt- Charlotte Russe
Pantyhose- Walmart
Shoes- Karousel Kids

This blazer is life. It's originally from Ann Taylor and I think I got it for $6. I looked it up on the Ann Taylor website the day I got it and it retails for about $160. Can you say discount?!?! I've had for a little over a year now and it has served me well. The moral of this story: always look at Goodwill.


Ignore my face, please. But can we talk about my hair?? It looks all ombre and fabulous, which I can promise you is not what my hair looks like in person.

Squad

Not really sure what Jackson is doing... Max and I were being all James Bond-esque and we look around and there's Jackson. Just standing there being strange. Btw, I have no clue why I look like I'm planning world domination....
 
See you on Music Monday!!
Callan
 
 

1 comment:

  1. You're so cute :) I love how you styled the blazer! . You know what would be cool, if we took an outfit peice, such as a blazer, or a shirt, or even an accesory and then each of us styled it differently and took pics. I think that would be cool. :)
    ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete