Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Upcycling || Sweater Edition


 Hello everyone!! Spring has sprung!! However, the mornings are still a bit chilly (thanks NC), so in the spirit of fickle weather I'm upcycling a sweater!!

I got this sweater a couple years ago at Goodwill and I wear it all the time. At least, until the incident. Long story short, a candle fell off my desk and burned some holes in the sleeves. No biggie. Also, its made of cotton so it has shrunk quite a bit since I got it and the sleeves are about 2 inches tops short.
But I still love it and I must save it, if possible.

Enter: Scissors

You can kind of see one of the holes, which is quite large. Basically, I'm going to start cutting at the large hole and go inward toward the inner seam. Then I'll measure the dismembered sleeve against the soon-to-also-be-dismembered sleeve and chop away!!

Like ripping off a Band-Aid....

 The afore-mentioned dismembered sleeves
Tada!!

 Close-up of the cut
 
Of course we had to take a few selfies.....

 Selfie game on fleek
 
Let me know in the comments if you want me to do more of these upcycling projects!! Also the Rushing family is working on spring cleaning so if you want me to do a spring wardrobe post, then let me know!!
 
Much love,
Callan



2 comments:

  1. Love it! (glasses game on fleek too btw). I'd love to see a spring wardrobe post and future upcycles as well :D
    ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Thanks love!! Btw, I want to do a photo shoot with me, you, and the guitar<3

      Delete